Saturday, June 5, 2010


Yesterday, June 4th 2010, was my Nana & Papa's 50th wedding anniversary. They were married June 4th, 1960, but have been together since they were 16. They are my inspiration, and their relationship gives me hope that true love is real. I love them both with all my heart, and I wish them many more years to come!

Last summer I wrote a poem about my grandparents. I have been to embarrassed to give it to them though. Here it is.

Love is a Pink House

twinkling lights, starry sky, sweet melody
the night they met changed destiny.

souls alike, sparks flew, 16 years old.
who knew that together they would grow old.

she was beautiful, he was kind.
there love became one hard to find.

miles apart, but not in heart,
it was a lovely way to start.

in her yearbook it was seen
that her favorite thing to do was be with Dean.

the day came that they were wed.
the beauty of it all could not be said.

for it was such a joyous day
that words cannot be put in a way
to describe such a happy day.

the blushing bride, could not hide
the love she felt inside.

and he too, felt so strong
that what he was doing, could never be wrong.

their family grew as time went on
ending with four children, three daughters, one son.

raising their family had it's ups and downs
but for the most part, they could never frown.

they had always had each other
and were there for one another.

when she was sad, he held her as she cried.
they could never hid their love, even if they tried.

make-up, jewelery, hearts, butterflies...she was such a girl.
she would dress up in big dresses, and he'd watch her twirl.

if there was any doubt that he loved her so much
he painted their house, as the final touch.

and when she got sick, he took care
because he wanted to always have her there.

one of his kidneys he gave,
because it was the only way she could be saved.

her health improved, now she can watch her grandchildren grow
alongside her love. Her affection she will always show.

I know then as nana & papa, my mom knows them as mom & dad
it is my inspiration to have a past like they had.

they met at 16, & fell in love
and forever will be, even up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment