Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Exhausted


My weekend was pretty amazing I must say. On Thursday I got to see some great friends and have some great conversations. Also a fun little photoshoot was thrown into the mix. It was nice to spend some time with them, no matter how short an afternoon it was! Ecspecially since one of them is jetting off to Utah for 5 whole weeks! Actually, she's already there. I miss her already!

Then I spent time with my longtime friend, Ora! We tried snowballs for the first time, listened to girly music, had a gorgeous photoshoot, saw Toy Story 3 and gossiped (something we are really good at, even if we shouldn't be!) She kept making fun of me for crying during the movie, but honestly, how could you not? It was very sentimental, and I am an emotional gal.

The Fourth was a good time too! I went with the fam down to the waterfront to see the fireworks and we relaxed and had a great time! The only problem was these extremely annoying kids sitting behind us screaming and being completely obnoxious! Then these guys standing in front of us, blocking out the fireworks! Ugh, it was driving me nuts! All in all, we had fun though. We went to Sam Diegos' for dinner, even though we had already eaten. It was like 10:00 and I'm not usually hungry, so instead I downed 2 diet cokes. The walk back to the car was long and scary, what with all the drunks all over the place, but we survived. Not the best Fourth of July, but pretty good.

Today I got to babysit my adorable cousins for, 9 hours! And all I can say is I am not ready to be a mom anytime soon (my parents are relieved to hear this.) It is completely exhausting chasing after little ones! I had a good time though! I had an excellent excuse to play with my old barbies and watch The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. Oh, and not to mention Seseame Street! Landon could NOT stop crying the whole time though! Major headache right now. But I managed to calm him down for a bit. We took a peaceful walk and sat outside for a while. Babies really are incredible.

Anyways, after such an eventful weekend now I'm pooped. Tomorrow I have to go to a funeral (sadness) then work for the next 3 days. Luckily, I'll be heading up to Maine on Thursday with Dad just in time for the library book sale! I know, NERD ALERT! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment