Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally Home


Okay, so Girl's Camp was AMAZING! More pictures to come, but I truly cannot express how much I needed it this year.

Girl's Camp is a camp for the girls in my church from the ages of 12-18. Girl's come from all over the area, and we all trek up to spend a fun-filled week at Camp Zion in New Hampshire! We have all sorts of great activities like skits, games, hikes, dance parties, you name it! We have the MOST delicious food, we meet the greatest people, and over all just have an incredible time!

I was so grateful for this year because it really strengthen me. I guess you could say I've been in a spiritual rut lately, and I was in pretty bad shape. I was just always miserable all the time and I didn't know why! But being at camp helped me remember that I am not alone. And I NEED my church in my life. I am so thankful for the people who reminded me of who I am, and without knowing it helped me out of my funk. I feel so much better now, and ready for school to start! This positive attitude that I have attained will really help me I think, and having the spirit back is really the only way that I will survive my senior year!

I feel like I made so many new friends and truly strengthen my old friendships this year at camp as well. That is a wonderful blessing for me! I got to be a Youth Camp Leader again this year which means I was in charge of younger girls! I got the 12 yr. olds! They were the sweetest things, and they reminded me of myself at that age, scared and not really sure of who I was. It was amazing to see how they grew throughout the week.

Our theme was Back to Basics, which fit right in for me. My life has gotten so hectic, and I sort of forgot myself. Now I am going to try to tone it down and focus on the important things. Wish me luck!

Sometimes I feel self-concious writing all sorts of religious mumbo-jumbo here on my blog. But you know what? It is MY blog and I am going to write what I think/feel. Dispite what anyone thinks. I truly believe in my church, and I know I am a daughter of God. More camp pictures will be on the way, but I just felt like I had to write about my life-changing week. I feel WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment