Monday, May 9, 2011

Kennedys'

"Whenever I was upset by something in the papers, Jack always told me to be more tolerant, like a horse flicking away flies in the summer."


"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."


"Sex is a bad thing because it rumples the clothes."


~Jackie Kennedy.

Today we went to the John F. Kennedy Library in Boston for a field trip, and my friend and I are obsessed with Jackie. I'm almost positive our classmates find us totally weird. But, I don't care much.

Jackie is just such a classic, strong, elegant, creative woman. How can you not love her? Also, hilarious. I mean check out that last quote! Oh, but let's not forget her gorgeous husband. His a pretty cool guy too...

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."


"I'm an idealist without illusions."


~JFK.

I am so glad my friend appreciates history like I do. We had a lovely day gushing over the Kennedy's and I am so excited for the fun things we have planned for the summer. I love you Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment