Monday, June 6, 2011

50+1
















Saturday we had a 50+1 anniversary party for my grandparents (we never got around to it last year.)
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful example of love in my life.
Actually, I am lucky enough to have my parents as an example as well.
I love my family so much, and I can't wait to have a family of my own someday.

My Papa wrote the sweetest poem for the occasion,
and I just can't help but share it:

"We met at Sanford High School
In 1956
It wasn't long before we knew
That we'd become a mix

We went to proms and dances
Though we lived in different states
Then the Navy took us further apart
But soon things would be great

For on the 4th of June in '60
Our wedding vows were shared
Two hearts were bound together
Just because we cared

There's only few so lucky
To have the things we do
Companionship and friendship
And love that is so true

And from that love came children
Three girls and then a boy
They are our prized possessions
And bring to us great joy

Today we came to celebrate
That fifty years plus one
Of wedding bliss and happiness
With our daughters and our son

And with you all that came here
To share this special day
Thank you and God Bless You
For the friendship you display"

No comments:

Post a Comment