Sunday, September 25, 2011

Exciting/Overwhelming

Here's an update on my life. And listen, I know I'm pretty boring and pretty lame for getting worked up over silly things. But, whatever. Shut up.

SO, I was working yesterday (at hallmark.) This woman came in with a southern accent (I do not live in the south.) She was very talkative and very open. She immediately started piling things on the counter saying "I want that, and that, and that." I was honestly getting pretty freaked out because she was getting some really expensive stuff. And she KEPT GOING. My friends came to visit me while this was happening, and this woman was very nosy while I talked to them. A little while later she came up to me and told me my friends were arrogant. I guess that they were making "retarded" noises in the back of the store and she got offended. I mean I understand that that is offensive but it wasn't like they were being forwardly obnoxious. But she KEPT bringing it up and I kept saying I'm sorry. What else was I supposed to do? Then she told me that she and Jimi Hendrix had been dear friends. That's when I finally thought,

Okay, this woman is from the loony bin.

She was still stacking up piles of stuff while this whole conversation was going on and I was getting really worried. Things just weren't matching up. Then she told me that she was BFFs with Cher and Cher had invited her to the premiere party of Burlesque, but she wasn't able to go. I was freaking out. This lady was nuts. Then she started in on personal things like her bank account and telling me her daughter had tried to kill her. I HATE when customers, or anyone for that matter, discuss personal things and what do you say? It just makes things weird for you. So I rang all of her things up, and it came out to around $550. AT HALLMARK. I was honestly shaking by the time it was done.

All I could think was that this Hallmark story definitely beats the one where I dropped the wine glass on mother's day and almost cried.

I'm sure most of you found that story boring, but it was a big deal. So there.

In other news, I've been thinking about college essays and applications and scholarships and all that scary stuff. Not to mention important things like my senior pictures, cap & gown money, all that jazz. Oh, and some church stuff I need to think of like catching up on my tithing and getting my patriarchal blessing.

STRESSING OUT LIKE CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment