Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dear God

make me a bird so I can fly fah fah away. Name that movie.


I found a couple of snapshots from my trip to DC and they made me happy, so I had to share. Look at the duckies! How precious!

We have a 49er contest at school. The concept is to write a story in 49 words or less.
Here's mine.

Get Well
"Leave me alone Melvin!" "Shut up Lois!" The old Jewish couple's fighting again.
"We're looking for a Get Well card."
I showed them the way. "Let's get out of here Lois!" "Leave me alone Melvin!" "Have a nice day."
I watched them leave. She's sick. He's worried.


This story is supoosed to be fiction, but it actually happened at work yesterday. What do ya think?

Anyways, I am pooped. My computer files ALL got erased on Sunday and of course the term ends this week. I had a huge project, an essay, a new college essay I started; EVERYTHING got deleted. So I've been working like crazy to pull it all together and redo it before the end of the term. Almost there.

The good news? Chirstmas music started at work yesterday. It sure did lift my spirits. Also the English Department Head loved my college essay. I almost cried from relief. He even gave it to teachers to read as an example to my peers. Am I tooting my own horn? Yes. But I've been so bummed and I think I deserve a little bit of happy. In other good news, I got a large mac & cheese at Panera today. See things aren't so bad.

I'll just keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment